One step up from its little brother model, the Wood Grips II Deluxe Training Board provides more options and difficulties for dedicated athletes. Combining 15 different pocket types, a smooth skin safe finish, and versatile use, the well diversified training board is ideal for all skill levels. Hang the upgraded deluxe training board anywhere in your home for the ultimate hangboard training experience!
Deluxe Designs Built For Optimal Training
- Increased Grip & Finger Strength: Train your grip strength, finger strength, and endurance for rock climbing and other sports with the Wood Grips II. Using hangboard training to increase strength and endurance can improve climbing technique and overall grip strength.
- Comfortable On Skin: Made to keep your hands and fingers in healthy condition, the new finish by Metolius prevents rips and tears in the skin for comfortable and safe training.
- Well Diversified Training: Combining 15 different pockets, jugs, and slopers, the compact hangboard provides everything you need to improve your grip strength through hangboard training. Perfect for all skill levels, the diverse board has pockets, slopers, and jugs of all levels.
- Versatile Use At Home: The simple and easy to use hangboard can be used in virtually any room or above any doorway. The compact design makes it efficient for at home use while easy mounting instructions provide a safe and secure hold.
- High Quality Production: With over 20 years of experience in manufacturing rock climbing gear and hangboards, Metolius’ Wood Grips II is one of the best training boards for grip strength available.
Why Train With a Training Board?
Hangboards provide a wide variety of holds to increase your grip strength, finger strength, and muscle endurance. Made with rock climbers in mind, the unique shapes and training methods of hangboards improve muscle performance during climbs as well as improve technique. For lifters, the hangboard can be used to increase grip strength during workouts.
How To Use:
- Mount the hangboard as instructed in the packaging
- Consult a mentor, trainer, or do personal research before use
- Insert your finger/s into the hold you’d like to train
- Slowly lift feet off of the ground until you are hanging by your fingers
- Lower feet back onto ground
- Repeat or change holds
- Color: Natural Wood
- Dimensions: 24 x 8.5 Inches (610 x 216 mm)
- 1 Deluxe Training Board
- 1 Mounting Instructions
- 1 Mounting Hardware Set
- 1 Training Guide
Will I outgrow this hangboard?
No, hangboard training is tailored to each athlete and their skill level. As you progress and get stronger, you can begin using less fingers and trying different techniques to continue building strength.
Can this be mounted outside?
While the hangboard may experience slight weathering, it can be mounted outside if the proper surface and security is available.
Can the hangboard be mounted on a door frame like a pull-up bar?
No, the hangboard will need to be mounted on the wall in relation to the studs. Mounting on the doorframe is not safe and is therefore not recommended.