Although it may look simple, the Wood Grips Prime Rib Training Board is one of the best ways for beginners and pros to train their finger and grip strength. The high quality training, skin-safe finish, 3-layer training, easy at home use and professional manufacturing of the Prime Rib hangboard makes it the ultimate solution to at home grip strength training.
Compact Designs for Powerful Results
- Premium Grip & Finger Strength Training: Train your finger strength, grip strength, and muscle endurance with the Wood Grips Prime Rib Training Board. The three tier hangboard improves overall grip strength for both lifters and rock climbers alike.
- Skin-Safe Finish: Completed with Metolius’s new finish, the wooden training board is designed to keep your hands safe and healthy. Avoid painful rips and tears in the skin with the safe and soft wooden finish.
- Simple 3 Layer Training: The Prime Rib hangboard is the perfect place to start your training board journey. The three different ledges have varying depths to add difficulty and variation. To further add variety to your training, simply adjust what fingers you use on each ledge.
- Easy At-Home Use: The compact and convenient hang board can be used in practically any room or doorway. Easy mounting instructions provide a safe and secure hold in all homes while a simple design makes at home training easy and efficient.
- Designed By Industry Leaders: With over 20 years of experience in manufacturing rock climbing gear and hangboards, Metolius’ Wood Grips Prime Rib Training Board is one of the best beginners training boards for grip strength available.
Why Train With Hangboards?
Hangboards provide an easy way to train grip strength, finger strength, and muscle endurance. Made with rock climbers in mind, the training methods of hangboards improve muscle performance during climbs as well as improve technique. For lifters, the hangboard can be used to increase grip strength during workouts.
How To Use:
- Mount the hangboard as instructed in the packaging
- Consult a mentor, trainer, or do personal research before use
- Insert your finger/s onto the hold you’d like to train
- Slowly lift feet off of the ground until you are hanging by your fingers
- Lower feet back onto ground
- Repeat or change finger positioning
- Edges Depth: 38 mm (1.49") 23 mm (0.90") 15 mm (0.59")
- Prime Rib Dimensions: 20" x 4.2" x 1.5" (50.8 cm x 10.66 cm x 3.8 cm)
- Color: Natural Wood
- 1 Wood Grips Prime Rib Training Board
- 1 Mounting Instructions
- Mounting Hardware
Why are there only three ledges?
Although each ledge has a different depth to add variation, the training board is rather simple. According to Metolius Climbing themselves, this board provides exactly what you need to train without adding anything extra.
Can this be mounted outside?
While the hangboard may experience slight weathering, it can be mounted outside if the proper surface and security is available.
Can the hangboard be mounted on a door frame like a pull-up bar?
No, the hangboard will need to be mounted on the wall in relation to the studs. Mounting on the doorframe is not safe and is therefore not recommended.